20.11.14

Sospeso Transparente Bouquet Tutorial

Sospeso Transparente 
      Hi friends many of you may be already familiar with the  beautiful craft of Sospeso Transparente but if you are hearing about it for the first time...Sospeso Transparente is a 3D Volume Decoupage craft invented and patented by Italian artist Monica Allegro .It basically involves heating and shaping  flat designs into gorgeous 3 dimensional beauties!
Sospeso Transparente 
     These Sunflowers are my first attempt at Sospeso Transparente and I had so much fun arranging the them in all sorts of places in my house- the picture above is of our Passion fruit Vine adorned with Sospeso Transparente Sunflowers!
Glass Cabochon
I could make a matching "Sunflower" Glass Cabochon pendant for my flower basket using some DCWV paper. Click here for the Glass Cabochon tutorial
Sospeso Transparente
Sospeso Transparente is one of the most magical crafts I have come across...it is indeed sheer magic to be able to convert a printed film of Sospeso Transparente into a magnificent 3 dimensional object!
Sospeso Transparente Printed film
There are different techniques in Sospeso Transparente and the simplest is using printed films. I have shared a very detailed tutorial about the materials and techniques at my Sospeso Transparente tutorial post at Crafters Corner .But to simplify it there are actually just 3 steps involved in Sospeso Transparente with printed films : 
  1. Cut the design
  2. Heat the design
  3. Emboss
Sospeso Transparente tutorial 
           The flowers look gorgeous just as they are but you can go ahead and add fancy flower centers such as rhinestones, pearls, glitter balls etc. I had once used chunky glitter on Felt Sunflowers and loved the effect so this time too I used chunky glitter but gave a domed center to my Sospeso Transparente sunflowers
Sospeso Transparente 

How to make a domed Flower Center

Sharing a mini tutorial on how to make the domed center of the sunflower. You can use the technique not only on Sospeso Transparente flowers but also on felt, foam and paper flowers.
Sospeso Transparente 

Materials Required

  • Glitter , glitter balls or even tiny beads - to put on top of the dome
  • Clay -To make the dome lightweight air drying clay is preferable so that your flowers dont become heavy. You can use brands such as Amos, Super clay etc-- these clays are a bit sticky when you use them but dry lightweight and dont crack. Use clay in the color which will match the glitter you plan to use on top
  • Glue - your glue needs to be one which dries clear and is not too runny
Flower center tutorial 
  1. Make Clay domes : Roll clay into a ball and flatten it so that the base will be easy to stick to your flower center. I made several sized balls as  my sunflowers were all different sizes
    Flower center tutorial 
  2. Coat domes with glue :Put your clay dome on a plastic sheet/ lid  etc[ so that your flower center wont stick to it!] and generously pour or paint the dome with glue.
    Flower center tutorial 
  3. Pour glitter onto your clay dome: Get a good covering and shake off the excess after giving enough time to dry-- DONT BE Impatient and touch your flower center before its fully dry or you'll end up with sticky glitter all over your fingers! 
Sospeso Transparente 
Stick the centers to your flower : I stuck the glittery centers to my Sunflowers using regular white PVA glue but you can also use the glue gun but be careful as heat can alter the shape of your formed Sospeso Transparente flowers

How to make a floral bouquet

Again this mini tutorial is not just for Sospeso Trasparente flowers but can be adapted to make a bouquet of felt, foam or paper flowers. 
Flower bouquet tutorial 
Materials required
  1. Clay -to make flower calyxes- you can use the soft types of children's clay in the market  [like Amos, Super clay etc]which dries lightweight without cracking or more expensive air drying clay or if you are from India Mseal like I have used here.
  2. Sticks, skewers, wires etc - to make stems
  3. Floral tape - to wrap around your stems
If you are using Mseal : Mix in a little green oil color into your mseal dough while you are mixing it [ like I did for my Altered Bottle art] .Also another important point while working with mseal is you have to work fast to take advantage of the sticky nature of the mseal.
Flower bouquet tutorial 
  • Pinch off some clay and shape it into a cone as shown in the pictorial
  • Insert a skewer/ wire into it. Mseal is sticky so you dont have to use glue. If you are using clay you can dip the end of your skewer in glue before inserting it into your clay
Flower bouquet tutorial 
  • Slightly flatten the top of your "clay calyx" 
  • Stick your clay calyx to the under-surface of your flower using glue. Again if you are using mseal ,you dont have to use any other adhesive if you stick it to your flower while the mseal is still soft and pliable [ once it dries and hardens it become non sticky]
Flower bouquet tutorial 
  • Allow the flower stems to dry
Flower bouquet tutorial 
  • Apply a bit of glue on your floral tape and wrap around your flower stem
  • Add leaves if you wish
Here is the link to another Handmade bouquet tutorial  variation with  the  flower calyx  made by quilling .
Sospeso Trasparente 
I hope you enjoyed my mini tutorials to making the flower center and the flower bouquet . All the little pearl branches are handmade too [ will share how I made them soon!]
You can add Sospeso Trasparente flowers to cards, scarpbook layouts[ big advantage is they dont squish!], home decor glassware, frames, jewelry, photoframes etc
I hope you liked my little "Bouquet of Sunshine" to warm your day this season! Do tell me how it is.

Supplies :All courtesy Shalini Mittal of Crafters Corner

96 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love those sunflowers. What a fun way to make them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katy glad you liked my Sospeso Transparente bouquet

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love those sunflowers. What a fun way to make them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb... awesome tutorial Sonia....you are so generous that you take time to share your knowledge with fellow crafters and beginners like me. Thank you... lots of love...

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine you are way past being a beginner but I am so glad you took the time to brighten my day with such a sweet comment

      Delete
  4. You are a super intelligent artist...love the way you take ordinary material & add your twist and make something totally amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neha...!! Thank you so much ...what a heartwarming thing to say!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, this is sensational! You are such a talented cookie! (Not to mention a creative one!) I hadn't previously heard of this, so I had no idea what I was in for when I only saw the title. :o) It is magical indeed! Your creation is stunning. Every tiny detail is so lovely and I'm grateful you take the time to share your knowledge with us. :o) Beautifully done as always, my friend! Have a wonderful day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen...I love being called Cookie!! And Sospeso Transparente is all the rage in India though the creator of the craft form is an Italian!! I am surprised it hasnt taken off in your part of the world!

      Delete
  6. Its so pretty Dr Sonia.. Beautiful bouquet..Thanks for the step by step instructions.. and the matching Glass Cabochon is so pretty.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Radhika...I am in love with cabochons big time!

      Delete
  7. Wow this is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning !! thanks for the detailed tutorial !!sunflowers are gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifyl sunflowers.Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elly...glad you liked my Sospeso Transparente flowers

      Delete
  10. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this sunshine, sonia! The matching cabochon is a highlight, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rupa..oh I am in love with cabochons and am torn between wanting to use them on every project and hoarding them for eternity!!!...Ha ha the tortures of crafting!!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful floral arrangement!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nagela glad you liked my handmade floral bouquet

      Delete
  13. Anonymous20/11/14

    Your sunflowers are gorgeous! I've never heard of this before. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie and I am surprised actually since the inventor is an Italian but its very popular in India!!

      Delete
  14. WOW! Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sindhu...am I tempting you to try it my CAS queen?!

      Delete
  15. Great job..Those sunflowers are sparkling... Thanks for sharing this great idea...
    Jaslynn, Bizbilla b2b portal

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should post warnings before you spout such AMAZING information. I needed bumpers on my chair for that one...I nearly fell straight out! I have not heard of this magical technique before and I must say..."What rock have I been under?" This is so beautiful. Makes me think of that 3D printer. Seeing something go from flat to glam is outstanding. Absolutely loved this post Sonia. :D
    Big ol' hugs to you and thanks for info on who created this.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Lisa...you do make me smile!!

      Delete
  17. Wow! Awesome, Sonia! I have never heard of that product before. It does look magical!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan...google Sospeso Transparente and you will be amazed at the beautiful creations you see!!

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the Awesome tutorial - I tried sospeso once and failed miserable. This post inspires me ot try once again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divya did you try printed films or paper veils? Paper veils are more difficult..I am working on a tutorial for those too...

      Delete
  19. Oh goodness, this is AMAZING!!! Wow, I love the tutorial and the details are incredible!
    TFS!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Dr. Sonia this flower basket is absolutely gorgeous. The flowers are so rich in color and the arrangement so full of life. Thank you for the tutorial! I am going to check out this technique! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great work, congratulations....!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic basket of flowers and tutorial Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wowzer!! These are some really stunning looking flowers Sonja!! I love how you did the centers of the flowers and this would make a brilliant center piece in any home!! So lovely!! Thanks for sharing your steps. I'm afraid I'm not "brave" enough to try it!! LOL! I'm not familiar with some of the media you've used either, but I find it so interesting! Thanks for sharing! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very, very beautiful work! This is the first time I'm hearing of this technique and I am quite impressed! I love how realistic the flowers look in the end! Thank you for sharing another "mini" tutorial, Sonia!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved these bright n shiny bouquet of sunflowers with super glittery centers ! Attaching calyx n wire to the flowers is very nice idea ,we can keep changing arrangement :) cabochon is Wonderful too !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. Your bouquet is super gorgeous. I love the glittery domed centers. I have not heard of this craft before. You arre so generous to show all the steps of your process. Thank you.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow, this is absolutely amazing!! The flowers are gorgeous!! I've never heard of this before!! Your tutorial is fabulous!! I keep scrolling back up to look at it again - absolutely amazing!! And the cabochon is the perfect touch!! Simply stunning and so creative!! I just love visiting to see what you have created my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so surprised Sospeso Transparente has not made its way into the USA which is a crafters paradise!!

      Delete
  28. Your basket of sunflowers are just stunning Sonia..Fabulous tutorial too..what a beautiful project.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your sunflowers are absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing the process.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Pauline

      Delete
  30. beautiful basket of flowers... nice idea for the flower center... tfs...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely tutorial Sonia..nice way to use sospeso flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a more and more detailed tutorial here! :) Wonderful flowers Sonia! What an explanation! I read in cc and wanted to thank then. But since I just had time to read I didn't comment that day how nice the tute was! I also was worried about your tutes getting re-posted without your permission! How terrible is that! So shocked about people's attitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sarah I was quite depressed that day...all the supportive comments from blogger pals helped me feel better

      Delete
  33. So pretty and detailed tutorial, I love the way you made the center of the sunflower, glitter is always a Good idea indeed :)
    Thanks for sharing Sonia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Khadija I know you love glitter...I am usually not a big fan as I hate to clean up the mess glitter inevitable leaves!!

      Delete
  34. Oh my goodness - this is stunning. The flowers look so beautiful! TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karon glad you liked my 3 d volume decoupage flowers

      Delete
  35. How absolutely gorgeous! Love how you turned them into such 3-D beauties! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Penny...ha ha I never enjoyed a craft so much!

      Delete
  36. An absolute work of Art Sonia. Such patience and a beautiful home decor piece.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie...This particular bouquet was rather easy as I used clay to make the calyxes!!

      Delete
  37. Dr Sonia...I always love to visiting your blog (hope you too visiting my one that not with tutorial :))
    this is really adorable.I love your step by step how to made the center of the flower and how to assembly the flower..
    your creation looks like a real flower...
    ADORABLE PROJECT...
    You are so dilligent to make lovely project...
    nice to know you through Blogland ..
    hugs,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monika...your comments always make me smile!! I am glad you think the bouquet is adorable!!

      Delete
  38. Those flowers are mesmerizing. Fabulous creation. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ...glad you liked my Sospeso Transparente blooms

      Delete
  39. You are simply amazing :) ur creativity is endless !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deepti...what a sweet thing to say...Thank you !!

      Delete
  40. Stunning creation and love the beautiful colours used. Doc you are one amazing crafter...sorry if I miss some of your wonders, I spend long hours with my dying dad so my day goes like a flash....
    aNNie xx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit Annie...I look forward to reading your kind words always

      Delete
  41. Oh, MY WORD! You are so right, this is like magic! What a beautiful arrangement you have made! Thank you so much for your supportive comment on my not-so-favorite blog posts! AND for your very kind help with the followers button. It's pretty sad I don't have many followers, but I'm happy you are one of them! Now how do I follow someone else? I'm pretty behind the times on this blogging thing:).
    Keep up these beautiful projects! You seem like you really enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sara so sweet of you to drop in...I am thrilled to have you drop in and write such super morale boosting comments!! And yes I do enjoy crafting as well as blogging about it!!

      Delete
  42. These are breathtakingly beautiful - so realistic. Love them. Is this an ordinary plastic sheet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica...and no the plastic is a special type invented by Italian artist Monica Allegro...Yes same name as yours!!

      Delete
  43. wow Sonia, I just love your enthusiasm to try out new and excel in new crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juhi...ha ha Iove to dabble in all kinds of crafts!!

      Delete
  44. This is absolutely stunning and beautiful doctor :) adding oil colors to mseal is something I've learned new from here & gonna try that soon :) keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Riswana...yes I tried it for the first time recently and it is so much easier than painting mseal later and gives a more natural and uniform look too

      Delete
  45. How happy and vibrant! Love these delightfully sunny sunflowers! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous work Dr!! Its always a pleasure to visit your blog.Thanks a million for taking time out and sharing with us .cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. It's beautiful, thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words

      Delete
  48. Stunning flowers and a wonderful post on how to make them. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  49. what a great touch odf sunshine in the grey skies of winter, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your Flower bouquet is gorgeous, and thank you for the tutorials Dr.Sonia, your project is great as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow... As always Dr. Sonia ji...

    ReplyDelete
  52. simply superb sonia

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi ..
    I just wonder how many tissue/paper that you used so the flower's volume looks good?

    Tks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda I have not used tissue paper at all...Sospeso Trasparente material is a type of printed plastic ...its heated and shaped and holds its volume

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...