16.9.15

Handmade Foam Roses

Handmade Foam Roses
            I love crafting with foam...it is  such a pliable and durable material and so easy to stick using hot glue! But I dont know what I was thinking when I made roses in such a bright orange color ! This year for Teachers Day we made 10 pen stands and frankly speaking by the 10th Pen Stand my creativity was ebbing! So I guess that is why I made a pen stand with bright orange roses!!
           Here are some of the pen stands I have already shared: Garden Themed Pen Stand, Yellow Tattered Flowers Pen Stand , Vellum Flower Pen Stand]
Handmade Foam Roses
Tried to balance out the bright hot orange with a bit of greenery !
Recycling Craft Tin Can
I had run out of chips cans and tinned fruit cans so a bandage packaging tin got the makeover!
Recycled Tin Craft
         When your mind is in a rush you tend to reach to the same items over and over again...that is why again you see my favorite  Poppy Stamps die and Memory box spring border die cuts!

Handmade Foam Roses
The foam roses were made with the Spellbinders Rose creations die.
Bronze dragonfly


My main aim in this DIY Pen Stand was to balance out the colors. The bronze dragon fly charm seemed to help tone it down! And so did the string of rhinestones I had bought nearly a year back and hoarded till now!
Heat Embossed butterfly
         Being in a rush is no good while crafting I know but since my kiddo had to take all the Pen Stands to school the next day and I was struggling to get this 10 th one finished...I messed up a bit while sticking pattern paper to the tin.I thought I would hide the unsightly wrinkled area with flowers but then it was already becoming crowded so a single butterfly had to do and I hoped the teacher who got it wouldnt mind!
Heat Embossed butterfly
The Butterfly was heat embossed on light orange card stock using clear embossing powder.Though I am not much of a CAS style stamper I love heat embossing!
Cheery Lynn  Golden Butterfly
On the other side I added another butterfly - a golden Cheery Lynn  die cut .
Foam Roses
This Pen Stand has a total of 4 foam rose. I just hope the teacher who got this likes orange!
What do you say my friends.....I hope its not all that bad!

Supplies : Dies : PoppyStamps swirly curl border , Memory Box Spring Border   , Spellbinders Rose creations, Spellbinders Asian accents, Heartfelt creations Botanical Wings  , Sizzix Butterfly, Cheery Lynn  tiny things with wings

49 comments:

  1. Like bright Rose colors. You have a talent with a hot glue gun. I have the Spellbinder Rose Creation dies but not used it with foam. You've inspired me to give foam a try.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I am LOVING those orange roses!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your roses :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Sonia, You are doing great, lovely roses & detail. keep sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, such and elegant project and your roses are just amazing, Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the pen stand Sonia....and the roses look so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and practical project you made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous pen stand Sonia and your beautiful flowers make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful make Sonia... You always hit it out of the ball park....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore your recycle projects!! This is stunning!! The flowers are so gorgeous!! You decorated it perfectly!! Gorgeous, gorgeous my friend!! Wow!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses certainly look fab in the funky foam and what an amazing orange colour next to your gold butterflies. Thanks for joining in the challenge for Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how gorgeous Sonia, that rose is just beautiful!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. your roses look amazing Sonia....whether in pink, red .....or orange :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your rose look amazing!!! I really love your up-cycled designs...you're very clever about doing this and hope that I can think of this next time! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORgeous Sonia..I love the bright orange roses..beautiful and such a useful project.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing how you made the gorgeous roses!! Absolutely beautiful!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pen stand Sonia!! Love the orange roses!! Gorgeous!! the butterfly die cut is stunning!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty colors and great butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty wonderful projects
    WELCOME to Craft Rocket Challenge Hoppe you join us when the challenges start in October Good luck with the blog candy.....Lis

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your foam roses are very pretty, Sonia! They look so realistic! I love using foam to make all sorts of different flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic project and roses you have made Sonia..loz

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's lovely! I think the orange color will keep them in a bright and cheery mood. The foam worked wonderfully with the die. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful altered tin. I really like the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This pen stand is looking awesome!! & roses are beautiful !! Teachers would be happy to receive your beautiful handmade gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your roses are gorgeous. I like the bright orange.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty, who knew foam could look so nice! Great recycling and useful craft. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sonia, I hereby name you the QUEEN of up cycling!!! You amaze me with you talents. Every project you create is stunning. Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW those roses are awesome, those Teachers are VERY lucky to receive beautiful gifts like these.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, Sonia! Beyond thoughtful and wonderfully useful. The teachers will enjoy using your beautifully-rose studded containers all year long. All those pretty papers and die cut shapes--AND you made 10? Such a thoughtful, useful gift. The foam makes fantastic roses! Thanks for the tutorial! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous pen stand, with all these lovely embellishments and your roses are just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just beautiful! Love the rose.
    Hugs Pat♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. A fabulous project Sonia, such beautiful roses.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous rose Sonia!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those Teachers are lucky to get such a beautiful gift!! I love the orange roses!! I would never have noticed the wrinkled background paper had you not pointed it out! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh man! I just had foam in my hand 2 days ago and thought, "I wonder if foam roses would look pretty" Then I thought, "Nah, probably not pliable enough for the petals." Dangit.....going back to the store now....
    I LOVE YOUR ROSES, Sonia!!
    Big hugs and happy weekend to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful pen stand Sonia, love your decorations and colours.
    thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautiful flows, i like rose flower a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW! I did not know it was possible for foam to look this elegant! You definitely took foam to a whole new level here! And I love the colors you combined. The background tin has so many soft colors and then those bright orange flowers just give it that bit of oomph! It creates a stunning project and I also love how you recycled the tin. You've helped me look at foam and tins in a whole new way, so thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  40. oh wow, what's not to like in those orange roses? I love them, I love the completed penstand too, you are too tough on yourself, its absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOW - those roses are stunning!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sonia, those Roses look like you just picked them from the garden! Just lovely, lucky recipient!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  43. wwowow it´s a stunning altered!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. A beautiful altered pen stand Sonia, a fabulous background and colour combo......your foam flowers and leaves are stunning!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is just amazing! I am so inspired by the repurposing into a stunning work of art. Thank you for joining the Memory Box Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  46. All your penstands are so so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  47. Sonia - your projeckt is amazing. beautiful flowers.
    Thanks for entering the Poppystamps Monthly Challenge.

    ilona

    ReplyDelete
  48. Everything you do is gorgeous Sonia! I'd love to just hang out with you for one day and peek over your shoulder while you create. I think the ORANGE roses are GORGEOUS!! Beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...