9.10.16

Making Card Backgrounds

Poinsettia Card
         Hi friends ,participating in Challenges can really help your creative soul.Not only are you forced out of your comfort zone but  you can find yourself stretching supplies!!
         I have never really played along with "Case" Challenges but during the World Card making day Challenges at Winnie and Walter this time I  found it fun,challenging and yet at the same time liberating to "case" a  talented crafter!
For WCMD 2016  CASE with Lydia  I decided to case Kelly's Card

Kelly used pattern paper to make the background of her card. I didnt have anything similar so I improvised to make my background.
       I created the stripes on the top part of my card using a Tim Hotlz stencil and Distress Ink . It didnt have the look I wanted and was a bit dull so I replaced the stencil ...yeah it was tricky to align it back to the right place and used a palette knife to smear on Ranger Multi medium matte and gave a generous sprinkling of Distress glitter. That changed the look altogether to a beautiful shimmering aqua color!
Card making
     The gorgeous Poinsettia is from Winnie and Walter In Bloom Elsa's Flora Stamp  and I left it uncolored at it looked so good with just the gold embossing!! For a nice contrast I added a  sparkling, glittery, gold background for the poinsettia!
Heat Embossing
        I made the lower part of the background  by heat embossing and watercoloring the holly leaves and berries from the set.Using watercolor brush pens is so fun and easy!!
Poinsettia Card
        My usual style is layered cards with lots of handmade flower, die cuts and other embellishments and if not for the Challenge guidelines I would not have discovered this strangely liberating satisfaction of creating simpler cards while at the same time satisfying my creative soul !
Supplies : Stamps :  Winnie and Walter In Bloom Elsa's Flora Stamp Set
Stencil : Tim Holtz stripes stencil
Media : Ranger Multi-medium Matte, Distress Glitter, Akashiya Sai watercolor brush pens, 

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Dr Sonia...Love the soft tones and design of your card ... what an awesome CASE of Kelly's card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sonia, I love the blues with the poinsettia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and delightful card Doc, sorry not been around but we were away on vacation and am trying to catch up.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be simpler than your usual style but no less fabulous. You've cased Kelly's card beautifully. The extra work for the striped part was definitely worth it as it looks so lovely, I bet it looks really glittery in real life, and the embossed holly is great too . Your poinsettia is a perfect finishing touch in white and gold. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Sonia and really like the alternative seasonal colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. marvels of creative minds are always source to please eye and soul .
    lovely card dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful. I love the aqua holly berries! They give the card a lovely soft wintery look
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous what lovely colours and stamps you have used it looks a wonderful festive creation
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the stripy bg .. Beautiful use of stencil ! Loved the soft color scheme too..lovely card !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty card!
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful Christmas card Sonia! Love the pretty colors!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card!! Beautiful background!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Cas card with the subtle colors & brilliant sparkle :)
    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...