7.12.16

DIY Paper Stars!

Handmade Paper Star
          Hi friends I have been missing from blogland but I have been crafting quite a bit and today jolted myself out of my laziness to come back to blogging and share a picture packed post with you featuring some of the cute Paper Star decorations my daughter and I made for Christmas!
Chipboard embellishments
I used a Sizzix die to create the large 3 dimensional stars and dressed them with lace and embellishments.
Handmade Christmas Decorations
Love the  gorgeous leaf lace which I had been hoarding for some time!
DIY Paper Star Decorations
Don't you just love those little cherries....!They are made of thermocol/styrofoam and were a bargain purchase from my local supermarket!
Thermocol Cherries
All my stars have cute  red fluffy hooks made out of puffy chenille stem sticks[ pipe cleaners]
DIY Paper Stars
Used up some lovely Christmas themed chipboard elements I had been hoarding for years!
Paper Stars
The red star below is made of red foil paper from DCWV and is one of the cutest of the lot!
Handmade Christmas Decoration
I kept the embellishments simple just adding a few satin roses and pearl strings but yes the lace border around the stars added all the glamour!
Satin Rose
The cute bow is a broken earring and I think you will agree it looks so cute!!
Recycled Broken Earring
 And here is the chipboard reindeer with a fluffy pompom tail!
Chipboard Reindeer
 The white satin rose bud is one of my favorites!
Satin Rose
 And a cute chipboard stocking to hold Xmas presents!
Chipboard Stocking
 Chenille stem sticks are so easy to hot glue to paper  and that is the main reason I used them to create my hanging elements!
Chenille Stem Hook
This one is in classic Christmas colors!
DIY Paper Star
I do love how the big rhinestone heart shimmers on the glittery snowflake!
Snowflake
The snowman star is another favorite of mine and I do love the "joy" themed paper!
Handmade Paper Stars
My daughter added a cute glittering green heart button for our snowman!
Chipboard Snowman
One corner of our star has the humblest of embellishments...a cute button! And yes we added a bit of snow too!
Button Embellishment
 And this corner has a cute cherry and satin rosebud!
Cherry Embellishments
 The tree charm looks adorable beside the glittery ball but I couldn't quite get a good photo!
Tree Charm

The last star is my daughter's favorite as she loved making the reindeer embellishment!
DIY Paper Star
Love how the golden snowflake shimmers against the gorgeous pattern paper!
Sizzix Snowflake
Crystal pollen and pearl strings are some of my all time favorite embellishments!
Yummy Crystal Pollen
 The little present was die cut using a Marianne die!
Marianne Presents Die
And the super cute reindeer!!
MDF Reindeer Ornament
Leaving you with a picture of my desk with more stars I have to dress up!!
Paper Stars
Supplies : Dies :  Sizzix 5 point 3 D star, Sizzix Card front Winter,Marianne Presents.Papers :DCWV The Evergreen Stack, Debbie Mumm Harvest and Holiday
I hope you enjoyed looking at all the stars my daughter and I made!! I will be catching up on all your blogs! I have been a lazy blogger ever since the Instagram bug hit me a few days back!

31 comments:

  1. Such beautiful Christmas decorations Sonia.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making these stars!! I made an entire wreath with them last year and it was so fun! :) I just love how you've got yours all decorated in festive details!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!..these are wonderful and festive Sonia..brilliant makes..the colours, sparkle and shine and all the details are just gorgeous..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! These are so pretty they give me shivers!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Sonia. I loved the laces very much.

    Meena
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the 3D stars. Especially like the lace.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW these are GORGEOUS. Beautiful lace and details, I even love the "plain" ones on your desk.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, these are all stunning, Sonia!! I love how you decorated them!! The papers and embellishments are fabulous!! I want to make some now...thank you for the amazing inspiration!! Love, love them my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas stars, Sonia! Lovely gifts or home decor, they are especially pretty in traditional Christmas colors, and pretty edging. Fantastic project! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely gorgeous. So bright and festive. You have such great ideas. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet you two had lots of smiles and giggling going on while you put these pretties together. Fun and festive! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super crazy creations Sonia! Love them all, from die to embellishments, looking so fresh and festive!
    happy crafting hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you both has given us a star treat sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wow wow!!! These stars ornaments are just delightful!!! Very impressive and full of wonderfu details!! Love al, but expecially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwww! These are just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all so amazing, can decide witch one is my favorite :)
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. These christmas decorations are so lovely!! I love the intricate details and die cuts used in the stars :) amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely ....we were missing your creations in blogland

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, stunning, I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty cool...luv these.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! These are all Stunning Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  22. so gorgeous Sonia !! love the papers you chose and all the cute details !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All the stars are simply fabulous!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous stars love the beautiful papers and different embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love your beautiful Christmas stars!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your stars all look amazing and I love the lace edging.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful stars, Sonia! Beautifully embellished!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful stars!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such pretty stars. Love the lace trim and all the shiny embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sorry for visiting late...Was a bit busy in between..so missed on a few posts...Love these stars and all the tiny cute embellishments..And awesome use of lace..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...