|Handmade flower tutorial|
Dear friends Thank you so much for the warm support on my tooth model.Its been a while since I shared a paper flower making tutorial .This is a simple tutorial with some nifty tips to make easy handmade flowers like the big yellow paper flower on this recycled CD case.
|Recycled CD Case|
The CD case is a notebook holder similar to the teachers day gifts I had shared earlier[See link How to recycle CD cases].The silver bow is handmade with silver ribbon and a pink glitter paper strip.The purple roses are quilled roses and the tiny yellow daisies are punchcraft flowers.The big yellow flower is relatively easy to put together and is made of just 6 flowers.
- Paper-Some handmade flowers [like the roses in this altered project ]are better made with thick card stock while some like the roses in this Punchcraft Rose tutorial require thin punch craft paper.This paper flower tutorial will work well with all kinds of paper! So use easily available chart paper like I did or thick card stock or thin punchcraft paper.
- Adhesives- White PVA glue [Fevicol MR].Optional :Glue gun, Double sided foam tape
- To Cut flowers : Paper Punch ,Die or plain Scissors.[if you want to cut free hand check this link : No tools paper flower tutorial ]
- Punch, Die cut or cut freehand 6 paper flowers .
- Use your fingers to crease the petals of the flower as shown .Using your fingers rather than an embossing tool tremendously cuts down the time taken to make your flower!
|Paper flower tutorial|
|Paper flower tutorial|
- Layer 3 flowers atop each other staggering the petals.Using double sided foam tape makes this a super quick step and lifts up the layers of the flower for a beautiful dimensional effect ! Though many crafters vouch for silicon glue for dimensional flower making it is not my favourite glue as I feel it eats up more time!
- Cut a slit between 2 petals ,apply glue on one petal and stick the adjoining petal atop to make a 5 petal flower.You can optionally chop off the pointy base of your flower later to make gluing it easier while making your 3 D paper flower
- Chop off one petal and stick adjacent petals together to make a 4 petal flower.
- Cut up a single flower into 3 , 2 and one petal as shown above.
- Make the central flower bud by sticking the single petal inside the double petal and wrapping the 3 petal part around it.Use white glue or the glue gun
- Stick all parts atop with white PVA glue or the glue gun and your quick and easy paper flower is done!
|CD case recycling|
I know its a very simple tutorial but I hope some of the tips come in handy to make your own paper flowers. Do tell me how it is.
Here are links to more handmade flower tutorials .