Hi friends Thank you so much for the heart warming comments on my Diamond Paper Decoration Tutorial. I had this un glamorous tissue box lying around my house and decided to cut up some pretty floral pattern paper to alter it
|Altered Tissue Box|
Punched the pattern paper with a Martha Stewart Lattic heart and added pearls, tiny plastic flowers and pearly leaves on the front of the altered box.
|Altered Tissue Box|
Made a stick pin with a shell shaped bead ,pearls and a metallic star shaped bead.Added a metal framed charm sentiment "bloom" to my paper flower!
Sharing a mini tutorial to make a leafy branch
On Pinterest I realized that sometimes even the simplest of pictorials are pinned! My mini leaf tutorial on this Recycled CD Box was so simple but its actually been pinned quite a bit!
So sharing a 8 simple paper-crafting tips especially for newbie paper crafters to add a bit of that extra jazz to your leaves be they hand-cut, die cut or punched .
- 1.Cut out your leaves from pattern paper! -I punched out these leaves from a swirly pattern paper.
|Punchcraft leaves tutorial|
- 2.Make your leaves stand out by inking your leaf edges using a stamp pad and sponge
|Punchcraft leaf tutorial|
- 4.Double shade your leaves with 2 shades of green
- 5.Crease your leaves for a 3 D look- In this leafy bunch I just folded the leaves in half and didnt use any other tool
- 6.Draw veins with a green/silver/gold gel pen- your leaves will literally shimmer!
- 7.Make a branch by sticking your leaves on a piece of sturdy green card stock.
|Punch craft leaf tutorial|
- 8.Add dew drops on the leaves and paper roses using glossy accents[More examples here:Aperture card tutorial]
|Altered Tissue box|
At times projects look more glamorous in their photographs but I wasnt so lucky with this one and for the life of me I couldnt capture the true beauty of this altered box on camera!!
Supplies: Pattern Paper:DCWV Itsy Bitsy,Dies: Cheery Lynn Flourish,Marianne Leaves,Itsy Bitsy Spiral daisy,Punches: Jef leaf,MS lattice heart
and also at Lulupu