14.11.17

Travel Themed Masculine Card

Masculine Themed Card
           Hi friends so happy to share my first DT post for the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge. Most of you who visit my blog will know that I just loooove die cutting ! So when Jannie the owner of Cuttlebugmania Challenge blog invited me to be part of her DT team...I  just couldn't refuse her .The Cuttlebugmania Challenges focus on projects using a die cutting machine and the theme this month is masculine and titled "We Mustache you a Question"!
      Masculine cards are not an easy option for most of us I know!! My husband likes flowers and butterflies so I am not used to making the typical masculine project either!

In this post I am sharing how I made a travel themed card and how you can use the ideas to make any 3 D shape for your cards and home decor projects

I die cut hot air balloon shapes using a Spellbinders Contour Hot Air balloon die. This die is like the sizzix BigZ dies and can cut thin chipboard and fabric as well!
If you have a BigZ die or Contour dies[ from Spellbinders ] you can  cut multiple sheets of paper in one go and these are perfect if  you want to make 3 D shapes or make a lot of cards or party decorations quickly.
3 D Card Tutorial 
Use 5- 6 die cuts and ink their edges with matching ink. Here I used Distress Inks . Fold the die cuts...be as precise as you can in the folding! If you want to add the 3 D shape to a card...use a thick card stock for the base and stick the folded die cut shapes on top of it.
3 D Card Tutorial 
Take your time while sticking the adjacent halves to each other.I found that using an odd number of die cuts over the base gave a more fuller symmetrical look!!
3 D Card Tutorial 
Optionally trace an outline of your die cut shape on glitter foam and hand cut it leaving a border so that you get a nice glittering border around your 3 D shape.

3 D Card Tutorial 
I used a gorgeous Spellbinders rope embossing folder to form a background for the  hot air balloon
Travel themed Metal embellishments
I wanted to  highlight the gorgeous travel themed brass charms so made a background for each one using squares of pattern paper mounted on scallop squares of glitter foam.
Travel themed Metal embellishments
I used glossy accents[ clear and quick drying] to stick all the beautiful metal charms.
Acrylic discs
I used clear acrylic discs over circles of pattern paper to create the embellishments above.They look like candy if you see them in real!!
Masculine Themed Card
Creating a typical masculine themed creation was difficult for me but I hope you liked my card 
Supplies : Dies :  Spellbinders Contour Hot Air Balloon ,Sizzix Framelits Squares,Couture Creations Scallop Squares. Embossing Folder :Spellbinders Need a Rope 3 D Embossing Folder
Papers : Bob n Betty Voyager

55 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new DT position Sonia and a FABulous masculine 3D project..I love the balloon and the glittery edges and charms..WONderful.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sonia, this looks awesome,love that rope embossing folder !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all the dimension Sonia and what a great masculine card, they are always the difficult ones to craft for.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, this is a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this si so wonderful !
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your DT Role !!You are Perfect choice for die cutting challenges:)I loved the masculine cards and the use of charms :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations dr.sonia..and fabulous card..there is alot to learn from u for newcomers like us..your creations inspire us..here is my blog link https://craftomania123.blogspot.in/
    would love to hear suggestions from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ...I will visit you!!

      Delete
  8. Wow! This is fabulous! I love that rope embossing folder. The vintage papers are lovely too along with the metal embellishments. Gorgeous masculine make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING that balloon and the metal pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sonia! Congrats on your new DT position. It's going to be fun seeing your projects - speaking of which - This is one of my favorites of all your designs! The layout/sketch is amazing, the cohesive monochrome colors are fantastic, and the detail in every little piece of this creation is intricate, yet bold and strong. LOVE YOUR VINTAGE PIECE! So beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much Donna....it was a difficult theme for me to execute!!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful masculine card. Love the papers and relly love the hot air balloon. Congats on your new DT position.
    HUgs Nana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new DT!! They are so lucky to have you!! You did a perfect job with the masculine theme!! I love the 3D balloon!! The charms you added are perfect!! The sparkle is fabulous!! Love it, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we are véry lucky!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Lisa and Jannie

      Delete
  13. Just beautiful and love the 3D balloon. Tried your other technique of layers for a 3D frame and much better than trying to cut 3D foam to do this. Love your techniques and projects. Learn something everyday from you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so wonderful to hear that one of my Tutorials was useful to you!!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on becoming part of the Cuttlebug Mania DT. I like all things hot air balloon. Especially like that this is dimensional looking, the rope embossing folder is wonderful with this & the embellishments compliment the vintage look.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa...yes I am in love with the rope embossing folder myself

      Delete
  15. A fabulous card Sonia, lots of super details and great dimension - a lovely masculine design.
    Congratulations on your DT spot.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW wow wow!!! Stunning masculine card, so rich and gorgeous!!! Love any detail! Amazing dimensions and textures!
    Congrats for your DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your new Design Team Position! How exciting! I absolutely LOVE your masculine card! That hot air balloon is gorgeous and I love the little squares with the charms running down the side of this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lori...means a lot to hear it has turned out good...I was not very confident about the theme

      Delete
  18. WOW! What an awesome card! I LOVE the details especially those neat charms! And Congrats on the New DT! So Happy for you! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. This travel card looks great. It has such a masculine feel and those metal accents look perfect here. I shall remember your tip about using the glossy accents to glue them with...as I never know how to attach them.
    Could you resend me the name of the program you use to straighten photos. I can not seem to find where I srote it down!
    Thanks, Sonia.

    Cheers
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will mail you Maureen ...it is Fast stone image viewer

      Delete
  20. Fabulous masculine card, like the dimension and those charms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous, love how you've added dimension and movement to it x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty Sonia! Love the charms you have used. So so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Berina...had been hoarding those charms just for the right project to come along

      Delete
  23. Stunning card Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Dr Sonia
    It is indeed wow. U hv thought abt all the details which make the card so elegant. After much thought decided to buy a cuttlebug machine second hand and the bid will close tomorrow night.I am keeping my fingers crossed. It is 100 $ and includes dies,stamps,patterned paper etc. which I thought was fully worth. I hope the machine is working. Once I get it will let you now. Take care stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool.wishing you all the best

      Delete
  25. beautiful masculine project :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card...love the hot air balloon and scalloped squares...

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow Doc you never cease to amaze me, this is fabulous and those little trinkets are gorgeous addition.xHave a lovely weekend.♥
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a work of art with that 3D hot air balloon and all of the travel elements! Love those charms too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Sonia. I love it. Perfect masculine creation. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card!! Love the 3d hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats dear! Fantastic card. Love all the elements in the card. The way you have added the metal charms is amazing and so itbthe background. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cool masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Sonia - this is fabulous - great details and I love the metal embellishments! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This travel card looks great and I totally love it
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  35. love the 3D and the little charms such a great card
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. This card is fantastic! It is a true work of art. I love the brass charms!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just fabulous Dr Sonia! Great work! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...