4.8.14

Easy Paper flowers Tutorial

Paper Flower tutorial 2
Paper flower tutorial 
       Dear friends  I think many of us have a special crafty first love - a technique or style we fall in love with at the beginning of our crafting journey--like stamping, quilling , punch craft etc .Well one of my first loves was craft punches
       I would buy whatever punch I could get my hands on and try and cook up different ways to make flowers with a single punch [see Heart punch flower tutorial  , Pear Punch Rose tutorial ,Balloon punch flower tutorial , Easy circle flower tutorial ]!
Flower Punch Board 1
Flower Punch Board tutorial 
         And since I loved punches so much ,I was super excited when Shalini [the owner of Crafter’s Corner] sent me the Flower Punch Board to  play with! Not only is it a super 2 in 1 punch [makes flowers and leaves!!], it comes along with  a scoring tool [super useful bone folder ] and a handy shaping tool [no more hunting for the right pen to shape your flowers!]  too.
Flower Punch Board 2
Flower Punch Board
           Many of you know I usually make all the decorations for my daughter’s birthday parties [see Large Paper flower tutorial ]and I was quite excited that the punch board could be used to make huge 9 inch flowers ideal for party decor!You can actually make 7 different sized flowers ranging from 3 inches to 9 inches diameter
How to make flowers using the Flower Punch Board
There are a couple of videos on You tube demonstrating how to use the flower punch board but I know there are many like me who enjoy pictorials.
The board has tables in cm and inches which indicate what size paper is required to make a particular size flower named XXS,XS etc which has corresponding lines marked on the board.
Flower Punch Board 3
Flower Punch Board
For this basic flower making tutorial I made the smallest 3 inch diameter flower [called XXS] using a 1 3/4 x 6 inch paper strip
Flower Punch Board 4
Flower tutorial 
Making flowers with the flower punch board just involves punching , scoring and folding. To start ,align the paper strip at the vertical groove and punch.Also score along the diagonal line.
Flower Punch Board 5
Flower Punch Board
Shift the paper strip and align to the line of the corresponding flower size eg XXS.Now punch and score both vertically and diagonally.
Flower Punch Board 6
Flower Punch Board tutorial 
Shift the paper and align the vertical score-line you just made to the XXS  line and repeat the punch and score steps.
Flower Punch Board 7
Flower tutorial
Fold your petal strip by mountain folding all the diagonal score lines and valley folding all the vertical score lines.Stick  the petals to make a fairly flat 8 petal flower [ideal for scrapbooks and albums] or  stick one petal over the other to make a 7 petal flower as shown. 
Flower Punch Board 8
Flower tutorial
Shape the petals inwards or outwards using the shaping tool. The shaping tool also has a slotted end like a slotted quilling tool.

Paper Flower tutorial 3
Paper flower tutorial 
You can also snip off petals before sticking to make a more cupped 3 dimensional 6 petal or 5 petal flower as seen in my paper flower bouquet.
How to make Leaves with the flower punch board
You can also make cute perfectly shaped leaves  from squares of paper [ size 1 to 4 inches] by using the reverse punch on the flower punch board.
Paper Leaves 1
Paper leaf tutorial 
Punch opposite corners of a paper square to make a leaf and score it using the scoring tool and score-board to make your leaves 3 D with veins!
Flower Punch Board 11
Paper leaf tutorial 
Making these punch craft paper flowers was so quick and easy I made a whole bouquet of flowers in no time!
Paper Flower tutorial 1
Paper flower tutorial 
         My daughter was fascinated with the punch board and had a go at making the flowers too..I think we'll be making lots of flowers for teachers day!

Tip : The flower punch board works best on good quality paper and thin pattern paper can give slightly ragged petal edges but chart paper worked fine for me!

I hope you enjoyed the basic introduction to the flower punch board . Here is a tutorial on how to make Paper Daffodils with the punch board : Easy Paper Daffodil tutorial 

Supplies : Flower Punch Board , Prima Introspection Paper Pad

82 comments:

  1. The Flower Punch Board looks like a very handy thing to have and your bouquet of flowers is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the Board with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Brenda ..yeah its my new crafty love!!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my flower tutorial Galina

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, Sonia!! They are so beautiful!! I have the Bag, Envelop and Box punch board, but not the flowers. Now I see that I need it, too!! Thanks for the inspiration my friend!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha glad I could tempt you with my tutorial !!

      Delete
  4. I love how these came out Sonia , the colors you chose for the flowers are wonderful. I just got the envelope punch. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana-- this is my first punch board and I love it!!

      Delete
  5. beautiful flowers Sonia... loved this...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my paper blooms Berina

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful bunch of flowers in such delightful pinks! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at the simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers and tutorial Sonia. I have to look out for the flower punch board..Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loz its a delightful product and fun to work with

      Delete
  8. I see the word easy and it makes my heart sing...what a gorgeous bouquet and a wonderful flower making board..cant wait to see the daffodils..awesome Sonia.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Chrissy glad I could make your heart sing!!

      Delete
  9. Great idea, love the punch board. I have a similar punch and when curled up the base of the flower is so bulky now with this tutorial I could use it for these flowers...thanks Doc, you are a pleasure to visit.xxxx
    Have you joined my birthday candy?
    ♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie I particularly like the base of the flower as it can be manipulated to lie flat as for scrapbooks or stay cupped to make a bouquet of dimensional flowers.

      Delete
  10. PS
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART August linky party, I came to your post before I checked my own-- Have a Blessed day,my friend, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful flowers & your step by step is better than the written instructions that come with these Punch Boards. I have a couple of the Punch Boards but not this one. I bought mine at Michaels 50% off and have a 50% off Michaels coupon so I may go look for this new to me Punch Board.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo made my day Melissa....yes the board comes with an instruction leaflet but even I had quite a few doubts while making the flower especially the folding bit so only made a pictorial on how to use it!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Glad you liked my flower tutorial Carri

      Delete
  13. Lovely flowers !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely flowers - this board is new to me. thanks for sharing the details dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes The flower punch board is a new product Shylaa and till I got my hands on it I hadnt realised how cool it was

      Delete
  15. Great tutorial and project.I am so thankful for your love of handmade flowers.It leads to so many great tutes.:-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha you are so sweet Pallavi....its not just my love -- both my mom and daughter are all praise for handmade flowers!!

      Delete
  16. Dear Sonia, your flowers are great!!! Such a nice project! Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant project, love it.
    Makes a stunning display of beautiful flowers.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patricia-- yes I could make the whole bouquet easily!!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee I enticed you to comment Erum!!

      Delete
  20. Beautiful flowers, Dr Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Flowers DR Sonia..:) Flower punch board is lovely..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the flower punch board Radhika

      Delete
  22. Your bouquet is wonderfull, definately something I would wanna have your flower punch board, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion I am thrilled my tutorial is effective enough to make you want to get a punch board!!

      Delete
  23. the flowers look fantastic... truly professional...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Dr Sonia,
    what a very beautiful array of flowers.
    They look soooooooo! pretty.
    Thank you so much for the tutorial.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the tutorial Jenny

      Delete
  25. Wow, these are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CYP. I hope that you join in with our new challenge this week. hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely flowers Sonia...thanks for the detailed tut...thanks for your sweet words on my blog...Yes busy with school reopening as my little one also started going to school...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to have you back Sindhu-- missed your posts

      Delete
  27. Very cool tool. I really like the leaves; they look so lifelike. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa..the leaves on the bouquet are actually fabric leaves

      Delete
  28. The flowers are very pretty. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  29. another of your master projects! and I love taht you used the punch boeard , another use to that tool. TFS
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful flowers!!! Thanks for the step by step tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautifully presented! Thank you for sharing this with us! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty flowers. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW FACTOR! I love what you did with these flower punches and how you made such a beautiful bouquet. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge!!

    Tamie 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous Bouquet you created Sonia!! Thats a really cool board and you did a wonderful job demoing the flowers and leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, Dr. Sonia! I've never seen this tool before, and it looks fabulous! Your floral bouquet is beautiful, and I especially like the tutorial for making the petals curve. My favorite part is the tip for the leaves. Thanks so much for sharing your delightful "florist shop"! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  36. Pretty flowers and design paper choice. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am now considering the flower punch board. Thanks for stopping by and playing with us at Mema's Crafts, where there are two winners every month. Come again.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous project, thanks for the lovely tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Creative and beautiful! Thanks for joining August Anything Goes challenge at Memas Crafts. Princess - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  40. Loving this beautiful bouquet- I have not heard of this new Punch Board- how fun! I really love the texture on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You are a crafting diva :) gorgeous bouquet !

    ReplyDelete
  42. Another fantastic tutorial Sonia along with a beautiful flower arrangement.
    Happy Crafting, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just lovely! What a great idea. :) Thanks for joining us over at Sister Act. -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely beautiful. You are just so creative.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very innovative ideas and great results. Jacqui DT Bearly Mine

    ReplyDelete
  46. So pretty. Great tutorial. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your flowers are very pretty and great tutorial. Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  48. I saw this at Creatalicious challenge and had to come take a look. I've heard of these boards but not seen a tutorial so thank you for sharing how you used it. Your flowers are beautiful and I love the fact that you have made a beautiful bunch of flowers Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  49. These are really pretty flowers, would make lovely keepsakes.

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Calendar.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is very beautiful. Where can I get one of these boards. You must have some pretty awesome crafting stores in your area. Thanks for the tutorial ... I have been on your page for hours looking at all the wonderful things you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous27/8/14

    Hi, A fabulous tutorial. Thank you for joining Crafts Galore Encore this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such a pretty project!

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
    DT Katya x
    http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  53. gorgeous flowers!! must keep my eyes open for this board! Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful project. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...