27.8.18

Flip and Fold Mini Album Tutorial

Flip and Fold Mini Album
Hi friends, Thank you so much for your kind supportive words on my last blog post. Sharing a unique mini album I designed using fabulous dies from Crealies and gorgeous papers from Dress My Craft .
Octagonal Mini Album
I framed a beautiful girl [ fussy cut from the pattern paper] in a handmade frame[ made at home using a silicon mold and Sakura clay] and added  handmade foam flowers atop an octagonal box which houses the mini album.
Handmade flowers
The octagonal mini album is held closed with a felt band embellished with a lacy border and a gorgeous pearl carpet!
Octagonal Mini Album
The mini is made of 9 octagons and each octagon flips over in such a way that when all the pages are opened you have a lovely  floral design!
Octagonal Flower shaped Mini Album

I was just playing around with ideas for my Crealies DT post when this design struck me and I love how it turned out. It is very easy to make and can be adapted to other shapes also.
Here is the video showing how the album unfolds and also a quick Tutorial 
Supplies : Papers : Dress My Craft  Floral Symphony, Adhesive : Red Tacky Tape, Foamiran Sheets Mini and Micro pearls : from Crafters Corner
Crealies Dies :












25 comments:

  1. I have just watch this video on the crealies FB page Sonia and fell in love with it when I saw it not realising that it was your project. I love the papers they are gorgeous and the idea of a book that opens out around the octagon is fantastic.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing, this creation is truly stunning and Thankyou for adding a wonderful tutorial..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is so amazing and unique....loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's beautiful. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow!! This is STUNNING! LOVING that shape, the girl and those butterflies!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous project. Love all the pastel embellishments that you've incorporated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome ! love your ideas and creations !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft colours and the shape of your pretty project, I have a TL die set the same and so useful and different.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww!! Fantastic and super creative work!! Thank you for sharing the tutorial, I would love to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMHECK! GORGEOUS Sonia!!! I LOVE the flowers you make and the pretty papers you used... Such a creative and unique design... LOVE IT!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Sonia, such a fabulous design and beautiful colours and papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning project, Sonia! Just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative!! This is stunning!! I love the papers you used and the gorgeous details on the box!! Wow!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness! This is just gorgeous !

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning project Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Fabulous project. I can just imagine how much fun the recipient will have opening this creation! So imaginative, and beautiful colors! Thank you for the inspiration, Sonia! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is such a cool mini album Sonia! I love the shape first off, loving those papers second off and thirdly, I just adore the way it folds open! So clever, so smart and very beautiful! I thought it would be do much more complicated than you showed though, glad to see it isn't! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg that a amazing album superb i just loved it the way you have creayed this thank you so much of tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sonia, this is so so so pretty. What soothing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wow wow!! It looks so beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!!! You are so clever, Dr Sonia!!! Such fabulous design!!! Love the shape of the album and the stunning opening, the amazing papers, the butterflies and the colours choice! The gorgeous laces and flowers make it so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi dear Doc, wow, you have made another wow factor and just amazing design..LOVE this.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...