14.3.19

Star Effect Cards

Star Effect Cards
Hi friends it feels nice to blog after a hiatus. I had injured my hand and was unable to craft but now I am much better and sharing a simple but fun card called the  Star Effects card.
These 3 Dimensional cards are easy to make and you just need a 6 x 6 piece of pattern paper to make it!The  component parts  slot into each other to create a dimensional card which can be sent in the  mail too!
Dress My Craft Magical Unicorns
I used the  Magical Unicorns papers and dicut motifs from Dress My Craft to make this gorgeous card for my daughter as a form of encouragement during exam season [she is having her final exams now and is working really hard!]
Floral Guitar Dies
I used the  Floral Guitar dies from Dress My Craft to create the  gorgeous delicate guitars in this card. They are a set of 2 dies which can be layered to create beautiful designs! You can either ink the  background die or cut it out of a different colored paper to bring out the  beauty of the  2 layered guitar!
Floral Guitar Die Cuts
I chose background colors of the  guitars to match the  colors in the  pattern paper and added cute unicorns and  whimsical castles to create a Magical Star Effects Card.
Star Effect Cards
The 2nd card is more sober and was in fact my first experiment with this style of card and I made it for my husband as he loves music and flowers!
Star Effect Card
I used papers from DCWV and the  lovely guitar dies to make this Star Effects Card.
Star Effect Card
I hope you like both the  ideas
I am sorry I dont have a step by step Tutorial but there are some nice Tutorials on the  internet .

Supplies :from Crafters Corner
Dies :  Dress My Craft Floral Guitar
Spellbinders Sing It Loud 1,Elizabeth Craft Designs Happy Birthday
Papers: Dress My Craft Magical Unicorns 12 x 12 , 6 x 6 , and die-cuts ,
Die Cutting Machine : Crafters Companion Gemini
Adhesive : Red Tacky Tape, Glossy Accents, Dress My Craft Glue
Inks : Distress Inks
Misc : Dress My Craft Teflon Bone Folders

27 comments:

  1. I just love this beautiful box card. Love the dies you have used, and the shading you added. Glad your arm is improving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designing, love the look of star cards! Beautiful use of showcasing guitar dies! Glad to know you recover with your arm injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've had an injury, glad to hear your arm is improving now. These cards are both absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding Sonia..both are just wonderful cards,so full of details and fabulous design.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun style this card is and both examples are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia. I am really glad to see you back in the blogland. Take care of your hand, sweetie, and I wish you speedy recovery. And good luck to your daughter's exams.
    Both your cards are amazing!!!!! I love their shape and these guitars are awesome! Thank you so much for the inspiration. Hugs, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your had a injury but glad that it's now well enough for you to be able to come back to crafting a blogland. I love this gorgeous shaped card and the wonderful die that you've used to make the guitars. I've not seen that die here in the UK but will be keeping my eyes open to see if I can find it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very intricate Sonia, another real work of art.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your hand is feeling much better, Sonia. I am in total awe of both of these cards!! Wow!! The creative shape and amazing details are spectacular!! So gorgeous!! Love the guitars!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you hurt your hand! I love love love these! LOVING the unicorns and the guitars!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning card Sonia, so many fabulous details - a gorgeous design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards..i loved the combination of interactive card with pretty delicate diecuts !

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable and love the colors, layers and details

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards!! So many intricate details with the guitars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your arm!! Hope you are mending quickly!! This such a cool and interactive design!! Love all of the elements and how you've put them together on this!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are brilliant! What a fun design. Love the two different themes and colorings! Glad your hand is better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, just GORGEOUS!!! Such amazing card, great shape and full of amazing details!!
    So sorry to hear about your hand, but it seems that now all is better, if you can do this fabulous project!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always in awe when I visit and I am again, these are just incredible Sonia and so beautiful.
    Sorry to hear of your injury, but glad to have you well again.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Dr Sonia
    I am so happy to see your creations which are wow as always but worried about your hand pls look after yourself my Guru. Wish little Prisha for her exams. May your husbands birthday be awesome and pls tell him that I wished him Gd health and happiness always.pls convey my regards to your mum as well. I hv to make a card for my daughters birthday and still thinking of an idea. She is a chef. I am getting down sm dies with the first gift card i got. Dear Dr the unicorns are they stickers. if so from where did u purchase them.I want to buy sm for my grand daughter who loves unicorns these days. Tc stay blessed always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Surekha ji. The unicorns are from the same paper pad but as already cut elements so we dont have to cut them with scissors. They are also from Crafters Corner

      Delete
  20. absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGOSH! WOW! Such amazing designs! I LOVE all the guitar cuts, they look so elegant and the unicorns are so lovely... perfect for your daughter and the more sober one for your husband is just awesome! I'm sorry to hear you hurt your hand, how awful for you, but I'm glad you're well enough to create a little bit.. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. First off Sonia, I am glad you hand has mended and you could get back to crafting! You didn't miss a beat with this one either!!! This is amazing! Love all the attention to detail, you always have that with your projects. This is a very cool card and I am in love with it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sonia, just to tell you a "hello", my friend. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous..love the card style, I've never seen anything like this, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pleased to see you back crafting. Both these cards are fabulous but the second one is my favourite.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...