15.6.11

Puppy Interactive Card

Pop Up Card Kirigami Puppy
I love interactive cards and dogs so this card is a combination of the 2!
This card was made keeping 2 Indian Card Challenges in mind. The inspiration is my Cocker spaniel Goldy!
This card goes for the ICR [Indian Craft Room] Challenge 4 - Card with black , white and turquoise.
and Crafty JC Challenge by Jaya- Card with doodling/drawing.
The front of the card is a waterfall mechanism with 4 puppies whom I have drawn based loosely on popular dog characters- Clifford, Dalmatian,Bolt and my own Cocker spaniel .
Waterfall Card Clifford
A dalmatian puppy features on the next panel of the waterfall card.

Waterfall Card Dalmatian
This one is my version of a cocker spaniel.We have a golden one and his only mission in life is play! So here is  my attempt at a cocker spaniel on the 3rd leaf of the waterfall card.

Waterfall Card Cocker Spaniel
Here is my version of BOLT. He is a doggy movie star.If you have not watched the movie you should its touching and hilarious.So Bolt the superdog is on the last panel of the waterfall card.
Water fall Card Bolt
The inside is a Kirigami Puppy Pop up card with a cocker spaniel and a blue ball.
This type of pop up card is called a 180 degree pop up card as it opens flat out unlike most pop up cards which only allow the card to be opened partially.This design is from the master of Kirigami pop up cards Chatani.
Kirigami Pop up card
Here is the closeup of the Kirigami pop up card puppy.

Kirigami 180 degree pop up card
A dog needs a ball ,doesnt he ,so there is a ball for the pop up card puppy!

Pop Up card Dog
Kirigami Pop up cards are not as difficult as they appear and I shall try to post a Tutorial in next post
Do tell me what you feel about the puppies!
Here are links to waterfall cards
Here are more examples of pop up cards
Would you like to try making pop up cards? Here are links to Pop up card Tutorials


39 comments:

  1. I love pop-ups! This is so beautiful. Love your waterfall card too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute drawings,love the little poodle:).
    Thanks for playing along in crafty jc challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...cute dogs n nicely drawn too! Loved the idea..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an amazing technique ur card really stands out in the ICR challenge and ur doodling is just so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting card and the dog is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..this is such a cool card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..this is such a cool card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pop up card. I looked at all your great projects on your blog. You are so talented. I am now following you. Can't wait to see more!! You ROCK!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sonia what a cute fellow and i love your design well done .Do you have anyy great craft shops over in India ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha sooo cute! :) You're really good at drawing! :) I love BOLT!!! I loved the movie also! {I like Miley Cyrus's voice :)}...yeah, I am kind of stuck at the age of 12 :)))
    Your card looks soooo nice!

    Oh and I didn't know there were indian challenge blogs! I will surely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, what an absolutely fabulous card! The puppies you drew are so spectacular...I'm in awe of your talent! What a fun, awesome card! I love it :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous16/6/11

    Oh my! Amazingly creative! :) Have you actually handdrawn the puppies?? Wow! Super!
    Would LOVE a tutorial on kirigami pop-ups! Been wanting to do that! Tks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow lovely card... lov eyour sketches too..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank You ladies for dropping by and encouraging my drawings. My cousins tell me that i draw childish! Somehow I like to draw cartoony stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, hand drawn pictures of the doggies. Wonderful talents you have, really like the waterfall card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card sonia. Your puppy looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those hand drawn doggies are just wonderful and I am already a big fan of your pop-up/interactive cards!

    Thanks for playing along the CraftyJC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. super cute doctor.your drawing skills are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank You ladies for liking my puppies!You have made my day

    ReplyDelete
  20. appreciating ur skill on drawing...and very beautiful puppy...luv ur works doctor...

    ReplyDelete
  21. very smart puppies...the pop up is simply awesome....and thanks for the rose tutorial...i really wanted to learn...thanks for ur encouraging comments u leave on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, your puppies are adorable. I got a smile when you said your cocker spaniel's mission in life is to play.
    Pop-up cards are so much fun and you've done a wonderful job. I've never seen the waterfall card but I sure like it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice card very sweet.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to thank you fo stopping by,and I came across your wonderful card! I love the way you made that puupy pop out! Hugs! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun! These are adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love those puppies and it's such a clever idea. You blog is full of lovely crafts and nice tutorials. Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks for dropping in at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sonia, your drawing abilities are fabulous. Each one looks just like the intended canine! Love the waterfall and pop up!
    :O)
    Huggz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cool. I love pop-ups and interactive cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow...wonderful cards! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMGosh, all of your puppy cards are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Какая прелесть!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh My God!! Is that gorgeous or what! How totally creative :) Absolutely stunning drawing :)

    Thanks for playing along at CraftyJC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous29/6/11

    oh my gosh!! thats the cutest Ive ever seen... Id love love to try that one.. You are so super talented..

    ReplyDelete
  35. Not only is this card amazing, but your artwork is fabulous as well! Thank you for sharing, Sonia!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! Sooooo cute :) genius....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha no genius involved here Sindhu but thank you so much you are a sweetie!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...