12.12.14

Pop Up Card for a Nature lover

handmade pop up cards
Pop Up Card
Hi friends, Sharing a Pop up card I made for my classmate from my Medical College days, Dr Jasmin who is an enthusiastic  Bird Photographer .Do checkout her hobbysite Jazzy Views Photopage - I assure you , you will be blown away by how beautifully she captures nature in its glory!
So I had to make a nature inspired card for her Birthday.
handmade pop up cards
Pop Up Card
The sweet 3 D decoupage image was made from free 3 D decoupage sheets by Monica. I added glossy accents + distress glitter on the hearts and parts of the image for texturing it
handmade pop up cards
Pop Up Card
The background is my favorite trellis die called the Meso background by Poppy stamps [ also used in this card : Double Twisted Easel card] with liquid pearls. The glittery corners and lacy borders are  Spellbinders Asian accents die cuts on foam.
Pop Up Card
Here is the pop up inside the card which some of you must have seen in my Big Shot repair post. It has 3 pop up layers popping up from the base card.I find the Scorpal invaluable while making all the scores and folds for the layers of Pop up cards!
Pop up card
Pop up card
The first pop up is a die cut vines and leaves in green with borders in white and butterflies and flowers.
handmade pop up cards
Pop Up Card
For the 2nd pop up layer, I added a Happy Birthday inside a frame and made it swing on a twine.
handmade pop up cards
Pop Up Card
Here is how the light catches the glittering golden letters.

Spellbinders pop up card
Pop Up Card
For the 3rd layer ,I added a trellis on either side of the Happy Birthday and added glittery butterflies .
pop up card butterly
Pop Up Card
I hope my friend likes this card.What do you say my friends?
Supplies : Dies : Shapeabilities Asian Accents S 5 -123,Spellbinders Majestic Labels 25,Spellbinders Botanical Swirls, Spellbinders Borderabilities Curved Borders 2, PoppyStamps Meso background, Joy Craft Lace border,   Sue Wilson Filigree Bow, Sizzix Scalloped ovals,Wild Rose Studio Floral frame. Paper : DCWV Botanical
Linking to Scorpal

40 comments:

  1. This is too pretty! love it.. Happy Birthday to Dr. Jasmin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful, lovely details
    hugs Pia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pop up design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love all the elements used! Those butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your friend will love this wonderful card with so many awesome details. I love that trellis die and will have to check that out at Poppy Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty with the lacy outdoors look. Like the way it opens. Cked out your friend's photography since I'm fond of photography. I enjoyed seeing & photographing 3 Robins couple yrs ago from eggs all the way from hatching, eyes closed, eyes open, being fed, growing & was there when the first flew out of the nest and also there when the last 2 flew out.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! Love all the details and fancy design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful work!
    A good weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a card made with a lot of love....and great craftsmanship , Sonia!! Happy Birthday to Dr Jasmin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12/12/14

    So pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great design, very pretty indeed, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your friend is going to adore this card!! It's stunning!! The pop-ups look amazing!! All of the details are just perfect!! I love the touches you added like the glittery butterflies!! What a stunning gift this is!! I hope she has a wonderful birthday!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful popup card Dr. Sonia! The Die cuts add such a lovely effect to the card...

    http://craftconcoction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this project. All of the details are wonderful. I want to let you know I checked on this and I have to tell you I have no idea why my word verification is coming up and I tried to change it and I have it on NO so it should not be doing this. So I did a comment on my blog and just hit PUBLISH THIS cannot remember just what it said and it posted my comment with out doing the word verification. Just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful card your friend is sure to love! The image is lovely and the die cuts look fabulous. A wonderful pop up card brilliantly explained. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an interactive and gorgeous design Sonia! :) I love the sparkle and the pop on the images!! Very nicely put together! And a happy birthday to Dr. Jasmin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky Dr. Jasmin! This is a truly inspired work of art! Love all the fab details! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful Sonia, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it! makes me want pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card. It's a gift in itself..

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh god...is so beautiful....sure your friend love it...

    ReplyDelete
  22. so many details as you only know how to make them all work well...beautiful
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Pop up card Dr.Sonia....Love all the diecut used...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous13/12/14

    This is just gorgeous, Dr. Sonia. Your friend will love it. This card will surely make her birthday special.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow , what a lovely card . I`m sure your friend is going to be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card ! The intricate die cuts add to the beauty :) loved the cute decoupage birds .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very lovely card Dr. Sonia. Love all the die cuts. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that little bird and mouse. And what a surprise when the receiver opens it up. Lovely.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous pop up! I can't believe how intricate the inside is. I really love those glittery butterflies.

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Stampin On Stuff
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card and design Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow I'm sure you made your friend's birthday happier with this stunning card...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your friend will adore this card yaar...loved it ...you are queen in this art...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous Happy Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks stunning Dr Sonia..love all the die cuts.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow!! this is stunning!! awesome pop up card... love the use of intricate die cuts... very beautiful one Sonia..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card- and then it opens up! Wow- what a fabulous card for your friend- the 3-D and the gorgeous dies- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. lovely!!! beautiful pop up design. Everything is just perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  38. BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a fun and beautiful card for your friend! I am sure she will love all the work you put into it! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge ,Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful card design Sonia, with such amazing detail.
    Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge..
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...