19.6.18

Altered Bottle

Altered Bottle
        Hi friends sharing a special DT project for  Cuttlebugmania  Challenge  " Summer ". This project is very dear to me as I have tried to capture memories of  our family's summer holidays to the beach and depict them on a bottle !
Bottle Art
Beaches and bottles always go together don't they so hehe I altered a bottle for my project!
Altered Bottle
After a liberal coat of gesso I  used Finnabair white crackle paste through Scrapberry's Dotted Pattern Stencil on different parts of the bottle to depict the foam of the sea!!

Stenciling
I love this crackle paste...it is so easy to use! Here is another project using it : Mixed Media Altered Book Tutorial 

Crackle Paste
For the "ocean waves" I stencilled  Ranger's texture paste through Carabelle Studio Geometrie 1 stencil
Mixed Media Altered Bottle
This is one of my favourite stencil designs and here is another project showcasing it : Mixed Media Box Tutorial
Stenciling
I like bright cheerful project so used a pastel blue paint to ink up the bottle.

Altered Bottle
One of our favourite activities as a family whenever we visit a beach is to collect sea shells and so I just had to add this sentiment stamp saying " To find a seashell is to find a world of imagination". I made the frame using Sakura air drying clay and a mould.

Altered Bottle
The lid of the bottle has sea gulls, a tiny bottle, shells, crystals and pearls...in fact all the treasures of the ocean with a liberal dusting of sparkling dust!!!
Altered Bottle 
One of my most memorable summer holidays was to Goa beach and one of the highlights of that trip was the thrill of seeing dolphins swimming in the ocean!!!
Altered Bottle 
On another summer holiday ...to my home in Kerala...all of us got a chance to steer a large boat...and hence I added a wheel [ a joyrcrafts die cut inked with Distress Inks  and jazzed up with rainbow glitter]!!
Altered Bottle 
I also used clay to make star fishes ...to depict yet another holiday memory from Goa....being able to touch star fish!
Altered Bottle 
I added corals we got from Langkawi beach ...an amazing serene beach in Malaysia
Altered Bottle 

Altered Bottle 
The shells are from my treasure trove ...shells collected over the years from beach holidays!
Altered Bottle 
Couldnt resist adding a gorgeous lace and a large crystal heart!
Altered Bottle 
The "treasures of the ocean" is a stamp heat embossed in gold, die cut and dressed up with crackle paste!
Altered Bottle 
This side has " the voice of the sea speaks to the soul"!
Altered Bottle 
The sand dollar  is a real one ...collected from Goa beach!
Altered Bottle 
This side of the bottle  has leaping dolphins and a compass to guide us in journeys yet to come!
Altered Bottle 
I hope you  liked my "memory" bottle idea!!
Supplies :  All from Crafters Corner
Dies :  Memory Box Diving Dolphins, Poppy Stamps Birds in flight, Joy Crafts  Anchor-Ships wheel-Lifebuoy,Spellbinders  Curved Matting Basics A and B.
Stamps : Crafty Individuals Cl 272
Mixed Media Supplies : Ranger Texture Paste  Matt, Glass beads Gel, Finnabair Art extravaganza White Crackle Paste,
Dress My Craft : Sparkling Dust, Rainbow Glitter, Mini Pearls, Mini Micro Pearls,

Dont forget to participate in the  Cuttlebugmania  Challenge with a " Summer" project using dies or embossing folders. Jannie always has wonderful prizes for the winner.
Linking to  
613 Avenue Creates , All Sorts Challenge Word Art Wednesda , Eclectic Ellapu June , Class Design Team Challenge June
Pixie's Snippets Playground - used lot of snippets...snippets of paper, snippets of clay, snippets of lace!

67 comments:

  1. What a fun altered bottle. I love all the elements you added. Have a great day!

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bottle full of memories! So many lovely textures and elements in this awesome art work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ...it was a journey through the years!!!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful ocean inspired creation and so much texture as well Sonia.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..a beautiful representation of beach !! Loved the fresh blue and textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sonia, what a fantastic creation this altered bottle is.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible creation, Sonia, amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous!! I was going through my shells collection just yesterday and was thinking what to make out of them! I have lots collected over years from different beaches.. thank you for your inspiration mam 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you are just like me then...I just love shells...no matter how many I have every time I go to the beach I have to pick up at least one!!!

      Delete
  8. Stunning upcycled bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is amazing. You are so talented and creative

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its simply amazing, cute and beautiful.... Just one look at the bottle and all the memories will come running.... Good depiction on memories on the bottle.. Loved it....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to make something like this, need to find a decent bottle. LOVE your result Doc, as always, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. full of memories and little treasures ...love this Sonia !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow!! This is AMAZING! I am IN LOVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice bottle! I like the ocean theme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! Love all of the elements!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! You've totally captured the ocean on the bottle, Sonia!! This is spectacular!! I love all of the amazing details!! Your step by step photos are always so fabulous, too!! I love, love this!! One of my favorite projects of yours!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am on the moon Lisa...and even though you always say such kind words about all my projects it is wonderful when you say this one is one of your favourites!!Thank you for your constant support and encouragement my friend

      Delete
  17. This turned out really stunning! You've ahieved some great texute with the paste and shells! I have made one myself earlier this Summer but need to wait to share mine until a class I'm teaching is finished. :) Hope you can stop by! Thanks for sharing this lovely work of art! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki...I love altering bottles and this one turned out very special

      Delete
  18. This is fabulous Sonia, lots of beautiful details - a brilliant transformation.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH! Sonia, how GORGEOUS and so wonderful to make something so lovely with your memories. I LOVE every little detail of this beauty.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith...I struggle with traditional scrapbooks but had so much fun with this project

      Delete
  20. Awwwww.... Such fabulous and stunning way to memory your vacations on all those beaches!! Love so much how you altered the gorgeous bottle!! Amazing home decor, any little detail is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sonia!
    Just thought of you & visited your blog to find memories from my home town which made me feel homesick. Such a beautiful project! I always do the same at beaches... collect shells, even now. BTW, I hope you washed & dried those starfish well because they tend to stink. Remember collecting those as a kid. Haven't been blogging. A lot has happened since Nov & I have lost my mojo. Just need to organize my crafting space to get my mojo back & I don't know when that's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I brought back good memories for you ...and hehe the starfish we found on the beaches of Goa were live and we put them back in the ocean.The ones you see on the bottle are clay one I made at home!

      Delete
  22. such an amazing transformation sonia, perfect beach theme

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH my goodness ! The end result of your patience and craftyness is amazing .What an awesome table centre piece this would make . Thank you for sharing such a detailed blog post and this masterpiece .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Sonia, what a great way to re-purpose a bottle!! I love that all your family memories are on this beautiful bottle. Love the shape of the bottle and the lid. The textures, the treasures are all so wonderful. I love that you included sentiments and things that are found in and around the beaches. I can see such beautiful memories in this bottle. Such a fabulous idea and wonderful to look at all your Holiday memories! Clever as well! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda...yes I tried to make it very special and personal!

      Delete
  25. This altered bottle is just WONderful Sonia..I love nautical seaside themes and I love every detail on here..FABulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOWZERS!! This is gorgeous Sonia!1 I LOVE the layers and all the details...the beach theme is fantastic! Such a work of art!!
    hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome creation!! Love each and every element!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Whoa! Each step of your creative journey, I thought how pretty that texture is, how gorgeous that color is, how amazing that embellishment is - and then to see the final product, I am in awe! Marvelously done, and thank you for the great class in your blog post! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Donna...I am so thrilled

      Delete
  29. Dr Sonja, you always delight! A fabulous way to store memories. Lovely. Thanks for showing this to us at Eclectic Ellapu. Hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG!! Your altered bottle is amazing Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW amazing lots of gorgeous detail and some beautiful dies too, thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is absolutely awesome! So much detail and gorgeousness - I adore it! I have a bottle I have been saving for years to alter - if I make mine look even a tiny bit as good as yours I will be very happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. As always Sonia - you've produced a total work of art. So, so gorgeous!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow!
    its so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous!!! The design is stunning!!! So many amazing details!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wopnderful Sonia..so good to come over and see it again..Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful altered bottle. wonderful details. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, such a transformation. Love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...