7.1.16

Easy Flowery Branch Tutorial

Altered Bird's Nest
       Hi friends, starting this year's projects with Nature's Craft celebrating new life!
       Recently on a holiday in Goa  I chanced upon a fallen branch of a coconut tree with half a dozen weaver bird nests attached to it.
Coconut Tree
           Weaver Birds are nature's amazing architects and just look at their beautiful nests!The nests you see in the photograph below is actually hanging high up on the coconut tree.This particular coconut tree in our resort had at least 2 dozen weaver bird nests!
Weaver Bird Nest
             The nests which had fallen to the ground along with the tree branch were fortunately empty and I like to think all the baby weavers are flying happily over the beautiful green fields in Goa!
Weaver Bird Nests
         We couldn't spot a real weaver bird but most of them are yellow in color so I added a cutie yellow bird to the nest!
Altered Project
And some pomegranate!
Pomegranate Pollen
And a golden yellow butterfly amidst the flowers!
Golden Butterfly

A yummy gorgeous addition [ a treasure I got from the local market]
Yummy Pollen

How to make an easy Floral Branch

Floral Sprays
       Since my nest was a natural one and I think taken a bit of wear and tear as it had been on the ground for some time it was rather friable.I didnt want to subject it to a lot of heat from the glue gun so to add flowers to the nest I made a floral spray.
Flowery Branch Tutorial 
Sharing a simple tutorial  on how I made it!  Store bought flowers ,leaves and pollen with floral wire stems are the easiest materials to make a floral branch.
Easy Flowery Branch Tutorial 
Take 2 flowers and keeping one slightly above the other simply twist their stems together.
Easy Flowery Branch Tutorial 
While you twist you will have one stem longer than the other. Keep adding more flowers, leaves and pollen by twisting the stems.
Flowery Branch Tutorial 
Its so easy to create a beautiful floral branch by just twisting on flowers and leaves!
Flowery Branch Tutorial 
      Just give yourself enough floral stem length when you add new flowers to the branch you have already created as that way you can twist and turn the flower or leaf to adjust its final position when you add your branch to your project!
Flowery Branch Tutorial 
       Once you have a desired floral branch ready you can go in and add more pollen/ leaves or flowers in gaps by simply twisting them  in! You dont have to touch a glue gun at all!
Flowery Branch Tutorial
              To add them to my nest I used bits of floral stem wire and wound it in and out of the nest gently and twisted it loosely to secure it! Since my floral branch goes around the nest's full length I secured it in several places.
Chipboard Hearts
       I added 2 birds to my nest and 2 gorgeous chipboard scroll hearts!
Quilled Butterfly
So many flowers need a beautiful big butterfly...so here is my quilled butterfly fluttering by!
Altered Nest
I hope you liked my Altered Nature's craft , a gift from nature !
Supplies : Cheery Lynn  Butterfly

55 comments:

  1. Oh! how VERY beautiful and an interesting tale too, A great memory of your trip and a beautiful project to look at in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project. That nest is amazing. I've never seen anything like that before. I like how you did your floral branch. You make everything look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like the bird's nest & birds are a gift of wonderful nature your talent of crafting is wonderful. Cold & foggy this morn here in Central TX. My dog Daisy did not mind when I took her out this morn. Walk will have to wait till misting/raining has stopped.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nest are really unique! I love the project you created with that wonderful nest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWWWW!! I love birds (my hubby is a bird-watcher and that's the reason I found my love for birds) and I love nests! So, wy wouldn't I love something so charming! You have decorated it so beautifully, Sonia! Aren't those nests just a great way to show nature's beauty to us? :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the salvaged nest Sonia, beautiful arrangement and local finds !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow! This turned out amazing! I am LOVING the flowers you added!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness - that is super amazing :-D How lucky to find the nests and your transformation is colourful and very clever. :-D
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully decorated !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow .. So sweet .. I would love to hang this one outside the garden !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning creation .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike's World challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nest has turned out cute

    ReplyDelete
  13. So unique and so beautiful my friend!! I love your eye for putting together flowers with the colors and design!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely creation.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, you are so creative!! This is amazing!! I love how you decorated it - the flowers are gorgeous!! What a stunning project this is my friend!! So clever and fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so lovely !Thank you for the tutorial of the flower branch !
    Greetz
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing n unique...love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous project Sonia..love the little birds and the quilled butterfly amongst the flowers is gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Such an amazing creation! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How absolutely lovely!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute. I wanted to learn making of bunch of small flowers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Iv'e always wanted to go to Goa to see its natural beauty. Your reclaimed birds nest is delightful. Love the big butterfly and the tutorial for making the spray was very easy to follow. Not thought to make a spray that way so good to see the results. Thankyou for fluttering by my Xanthine challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! Such a lovely spring project!!Great idea to alter this nest and you made it really fabulous with all these added!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an interesting post about the Weaver bird, I have never heard of them and their nests are certainly a work of art. Love how you have decorated it, so pretty.
    Happy New Year, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello, Dr. Sonia! What a super cute project, and an AWESOME tutorial for blending together these lovely flowers. I need to give that one a try. I just wanted to let you know about our Anything Goes challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp $25. I hope you will stop by to play along with us!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow so beautiful Sonia,I love all the flowers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!! Very beautiful!! Love how you've decorated the best. The embellishments are gorgeous!! Hope you had a nice time in Goa.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Sonia...great make and a lovely alteration to the nest. The bird looks pretty cozy in the well decorated home.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow. awesome art. What a great start to a new year of crafting, perfect for the theme at Ike's World Challenges-New Beginnings. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  31. How wonderful to recycle nature's own discarded home decor! Sonia, this is a delightful decoration, and so beautifully done! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous creation. The flowers are so beautiful. Love the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh..my god..so oooo beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful idea to use the nest as a decoration. I will look at fallen nests in a new light now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I loved hearing about your weaver birds and seeing their wonderful nests. What a sweet project and a lovely tutorial too. Thank you.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  36. very clever idea.
    thanks for joining ikes world
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful project!
    Bravo!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is just stunning, how pretty this would look in an entryway, the first thing people see when entering your home. Love it, thank you for sharing.Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  39. Holy cow Sonia, this is breathtaking! I've never seen anything like that nest before, what a unique item to upcycle! Love the quilled butterfly and those flower trails are just amazing!! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the pomegranate....such a pretty transformation:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Absolutely fabulous Sonia. A really beautiful and very different snippets playground make!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow!! What a gorgeous decoration on a real nest!! Just Amazing! Love the flowery branch, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW!! This is amazing Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow...lovely one...all the embellishments r so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous project love the flowers and what youve used. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful arrangement of flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  47. what a pretty project and I enjoyed reading your blog post!! Thank you for sharing your Art with us at Word Art Wednesday anything goes challenge # 217! Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  48. What an amazing project and so beautifully arranged and decorated! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a beautiful project, using nature at its heart, thanks for the tutorial as well, love the quilled butterfly, Thanks for joining in over at Butterfly challenge x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a project Dr Sonia,I must tell you I brought the weaver bird's nest from my Mom's garden to Dubai for the educational purpose for my students.I made up stories , songs and skit revolving around weaver bird and its nest and was very happy doing so and donated it to others as my purpose was over.After seeing your wonderful project I am wondering why did I donate ? YOUR ALTERED NEST IS LOOKING AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL .Thanks for sharing .What an idea Madam ji!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous11/1/16

    Hello, A beautiful project!! Love all the embellishments which fit together perfectly. Thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge We wish you good luck. Hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Jade DT
    Crafty-Jade-Creations

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a find. And, only you Dr. Sonia would know exactly what to do with it. Lovely flowers, birds and butterflies. Great bright colors. Extraordinary for sure.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow, this is a beautiful creation! Looks great. Thanks for the lovely claer pictures.
    Thanks for joining our FLOWERchallege at AnMaCreatief!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gosh what an awesome and incredible project. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a super project - enjoyed reading the story too...
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...