7.4.23

Rotating Triangular Box Tutorial

Hi friends sharing a special rotating box in the shape of a triangle. I once saw a rotating box in the shape of a cake some years back on Youtube and the idea stuck with me. I couldn't find the video again and so took the idea and worked out my own design.It was not easy and was a trial and error design but I am thrilled with how it turned out!
I made it to show off my Graphic 45 papers. I have used Graphic 45 Portrait of a Lady to make this project which is part of a series of projects I made for my craft room.

I love how Graphic 45 has apt sentiments which resonate so easily with most of us! I have kept decorations minimal on this box as it is going to be an everyday use item and anyway the pretty G45 papers don't require much embellishing!

Here is how the top of the box looks...with fussy cut flowers and a pearl adorned with a fussy cut rose.

The box has 3 sides and this is how it looks when opened.

There are 5 chipboard triangular supports and 4 swinging drawers made out of thick cardstock.

I hope you liked this unique box idea. 
Here is the link to the Rotating Box Tutorial 



17 comments:

  1. Apart from loving the beautiful G45 DP's, the design of your box is really special.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this design made with square boxes but never like this. Your Triangle box stack is brilliant. Am in awe at your working it all out. Loving the graphic 45 papers which I can never bring myself to part with and use. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hehe I used to have a big problem using Graphic 45 papers...the Portrait of a Lady collection has been in my stash since ages!!

      Delete
  3. I love these G45 papers Sonia and the amazing box that you've made using them.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, this is the first time I've seen a triangle box project like this, thank you for sharing, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Love the idea of the triangular shapes instead of the squares! Well done with all your trial and errors, you have done a fabulous new shape!! It's amazing seeing all the details, and love the magnet closure as well the metal junctions. Gorgeous papers choice, I think that G45 papers make a big difference in making 3D projects as they are always very elegant and impressive! I have only one G45 paper pad and can't cut it! LOL :D
    Thanks for the tutorial!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice...hehe I too find it very difficult to cut Graphic 45 and hoard for a long time before I use it!! I am trying to change my paper hoarding!!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous design Sonia and I love the papers, so pretty..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant, great design and practical to use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous project Sonia, beautifu papers.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...