|Tacky Tape Projects
There are so many situations in which the normal liquid white glue is pretty frustrating to use !For many of these "sticky" scenarios ,double sided adhesive tape and especially the super strong red tacky tape version of it is a fantastic alternative .
Do tell me how it is.
- It is a clear transparent adhesive
- The red plastic lining is easy to peel off and reveals the clear adhesive underneath
- Its available in different sizes - 24mm, 18mm,12mm,6mm and 4mm
- Fast and easy to use
- No drying time- instant adhesive!
- Non messy
- Strong adherence
- Can be used on multiple surfaces
- Heat resistant - yeah I used it to heat emboss too...will show you how later on in the post
- Acid free - for creating scrapbook albums and layouts
Here are 12 different uses of Red tacky tape
- Gluing on Wood
Tacky tape on woodMod Podge is a very popular glue to adhere paper to wood especially MDF.If you didnt have the patience or time to decoupage with a liquid glue or wanted to avoid the mess, then tacky tape is the answer! I altered a cute wood frame my crafty friend Rupa gave me with seed beads. It was a super simple project....adhered tacky tape on the wooden panels, peeled off the red lining to reveal the clear adhesive layer underneath and dropped seed beads on to it. Beaded frame Beaded frame Altered frame Sospeso Transparente Beaded Photoframe
- Gluing Foam
Foam on tin Foam Panda Penstand
- Gluing on Metal - In the above 2 projects , I used double sided tape to stick foam to a metal tin.To stick paper to metal...liquid glue does work but you need to be super patient and it is rather messy!
Textured metal tin Altered tin
- Gluing on glass and ceramic - you can use red tacky tape to glue a variety of objects to glass:
- Gluing on Plastic - when I searched online for red tacky tape projects one of the popular crafty uses was to make beaded pens which were supposedly hot selling stuff in craft fairs.
Beaded Pen Glue dots Sospeso flower with glue dot
- Gluing Fabric : Lace, Ribbons to paper, wood, glass ,plastic.So if you want to add a pretty ribbon or lace to your handmade card or box...no more struggling with liquid glue or being frustrated the glue gun gave only a temporary adhesion of the ribbon.I have already shown how we used the red tacky tape to adhere the glittery red ribbon to our glass surface.
- Difficult to glue papers
- Sticking Glitter/Sequins/Beads/Craft Sand - because it is so super sticky but non-messy as well..tacky tape is ideal to add bands of glitter , sequins, beads[ as already demonstrated],sand etc to your project quickly and effectively!
- Kids crafts and School Projects - If you have kids you'll know many school projects are a last minute rush job and may require sticking of non paper objects and I find glue dots and adhesive tape indispensable not only to make a project mess free but super quick too! Here is a weighing balancewe made using double sided adhesive tape to stick the paper to the plastic containers to make the scales.
- Gluing large surfaces such as in scrapbook layouts, albums,recycling crafts,boxes, cards etc with pattern paper.I dont make albums but I have seen its by far the most popular adhesive for crafters who make scrapbook album due to its strong + acid free nature!
Drawer shaped Box
- Box making - If you are altering a box or making a box from scratch, you often have to line it and in such cases red tacky tape helps give a neat finish and also makes your job quicker. In the shaped box shown I used double sided adhesive tape to get a strong adhesion.
Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Heat Embossing Embossed Card Heat embossed Die cut Red Tacky Tape Projects
[Ideas and recommendations from crafters : Tejal Mehta Shah, Gopi Shah, Neha Bhatt, Neha Agarwal, Ankita Lunia]
- Use an adhesive remover eraser to remove glue residue on your scissors
- Use sandpaper
- Use thinner[ available in paint/ hardware shops]
- Use Ranger alcohol blending solution
- Use nail polish remover
- Use vaseline or cold cream on your scissors before cutting
- Use versamark on your scissors before cutting
Thank you so much for being with me till the end of this post. I know its a super long post but I wanted to cover as much as I could about this wonderful adhesive with so many possibilities.